Mar 23, 2023

St John's United Church, East Bethlehem Pennsylvania

St. John’s Church, East Bethlehem Pennsylvania
Watercolor 9x12” (23x31cm) Bockingford paper cp
……
I tried a new paper today (Bockingford) and it is definitely different from my usual (Fabriano, Arches, Saunders). It is cold-pressed but it seems less absorbent, so it acts a little closer to smooth hot-press paper. I like that I get a more transparent look, but I have to get more used to it because I struggled with hard edges. Next time I will pre-wet the paper more.
…..
Tentei um papel novo (Bockingford) e é claramente diferente do meu normal (Fabriano, Arches ou Saunders). É de textura média (cold-pressed), mas como é menos absorvente, ele atua mais como papel liso. Gosto do aspeto mais transparente, mas preciso praticar e pre-molhar mais para obter transições mais suaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment