Mar 19, 2021

The Art of Watercolour magazine

Yesterday I received my copy of the French magazine “The Art of Watercolour” (I get the English edition) and I was shocked to see three of my watercolors on its pages. In the Reader’s Competition, "Rio Dão" it was voted #5 in a list of 108 works selected. Another two watercolors of mine were also included, lower in the list. Being a self-taught amateur of watercolor I was shocked and ecstatic at the same time. As my Brazilian wife told me, I got full of hot air. I told her this will pass.

...........

Ontem recebi a minha cópia da revista Francesa “The Art of Watercolour” e fiquei chocado de ver três aguarelas minhas reproduzidas nas suas páginas. Na Competição de Leitores, "Rio Dão" foi votada No. 5 numa lista de 108 trabalhos selecionados. As outras duas aguarelas foram também incluídas, mais baixas na tabela. Sendo eu um amador auto-didata da Aguarela, fiquei chocado e radiante ao mesmo tempo. Como me diz a Fátima, a minha Brasileira esposa, fiquei “cheio de vento”. Eu disse-lhe que isto passa.




1 comment: